Money Matters Online is a web-based course of 12 modules based on our Money Matters Reference material, which is found at the bottom of this page. This course is ideal for high school age and up. Each module contains a pre- and post-module exam and vocabulary and other exercises. The curriculum also includes a pre- and post-course comprehensive exam and an instructor interface that allows instructors to add and delete students to the program and to monitor their progress and test results. The course allows the user to proceed at their own pace, and will provide feedback as various tests and exercises are completed. Upon logging in for the first time the user must take the pre-course comprehensive test, and then will be able to work on the twelve modules. Upon completion of the twelfth module the user must take the post-course comprehensive test before successfully completing the course.
- If you’d like to learn more about Money Matters Online, ask your instructor to visit this web page and contact FCEF at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your instructor can obtain access to the curriculum and enroll you in the program.
- ATTENTION! BEFORE YOU BEGIN THE COURSE, you must download and read the Student Manual for Money Matters Online. It will provide you with very important information for logging in and working through the course.
- Once you have received your student login information for Money Matters Online, please click here: Money Matters Online for Students.
- To learn more about Money Matters Online, and to obtain access to the curriculum, please download and complete the Money Matters Online Instructor Enrollment Request and submit it to email@example.com. We will answer your questions and provide you with access to the program.
- Before you begin using the course, you should download and read the Instructor Manual for Money Matters Online. It will provide you with important information for logging in, enrolling students, and working with the instructor interface. You will also want to download and read the Student Manual for Money Matters Online so you can anticipate questions from your students.
- Once you have received your instructor login information for Money Matters Online, please click here: Money Matters Online for Instructors to access the instructor site.
We’d like to thank the sponsors of our Money Matters curriculum for helping us make it possible to bring it to you.
Money Matters Online is intended for educational purposes only and should not be used as financial advice, guidance, or for financial planning purposes. Please consult a professional advisor about your specific situation regarding your personal financial plans.
Praise for Money Matters Online
A teacher at IDEA Quest College Preparatory in Edinburgh, Texas, who is one of our Money Matters Online instructors, sent a note.
Among her comments, she said “First of all, thank you for having this online resource for personal finance classes. My high school students have been learning for two years with this program. It has definitely challenged their thinking about money matters.”
If you have comments or suggestions for Money Matters Online, please email us.
Those who have used our previously-published editions of Money Matters, developed to help high school students acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to take control of their financial future, will recognize Money Matters Reference. The curriculum, written within the guidelines of Texas House Bill 492 of 2005, covers all 12 required elements and was approved by the Texas State Board of Education.
The material, including the book, the tests, and the PowerPoint slides, is no longer being printed, but is now available exclusively through Money Matters Online. You can use the more detailed Money Matters Reference as a supplement to Money Matters Online, or as a stand-alone program.
Money Matters Reference includes these modules:
|Loans||Rights & Responsibilities||Buying|
|Stocks & Investments||Retirement||Insurance|
Students have access to the Money Matters Reference book in flash and a pdf version, in addition to:
- Comprehensive test
- 12 module topic tests
- 12 module vocabulary tests
- Glossary-Terms to Know
Instructors have access to all student materials, as well as:
- 12 module PowerPoint presentations
- Comprehensive test (with answers)
- 12 module topic tests (with answers)
- 12 module vocabulary tests (with answers)
To access the Money Matters Reference materials, you must first open Money Matters Online.
If you are not already enrolled in Money Matters Online, please see instructions below to enroll before proceeding.
- Log into Money Matters Online for Students
- After you have established your personal login name and password, you will be directed to the Pre-comprehensive Exam.
- You may click the Money Matters Reference button at the top of the screen to access Money Matters Reference before taking the Pre-comprehensive Exam.
- If you have already taken the Money Matters Online Pre-comprehensive Exam, you will find the Money Matters Reference button at the top of the Report Card.
- Log into Money Matters Online for Instructors
- Click the Money Matters Reference button at the top of the screen to access Money Matters Reference.
If you have questions or comments, please feel free to contact First Command Educational Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 817-569-2940 (toll free 877-872-8289).
Money Matters Reference is intended for educational purposes only and should not be used as financial advice, guidance, or for financial planning purposes. Please consult a professional advisor about your specific situation regarding your personal financial plans.