FCEF has some easy-to-use online calculators to help you solve some common financial problems. If you find these calculators helpful, be sure to bookmark this page or suggest it as a link from your favorite home page or search engine.
TimeValue Software has made available a number of financial calculators. If you have questions about buying a home, borrowing money for a car or college, paying off a credit card, liquidating debts, investing for retirement, setting up an IRA, or leasing a car, click here for a calculator to help in your decision making.
Click here to access a calculator you can use to develop a strategy to pay off your debts. After clicking on the link:
- Enter data about your current debts
- Enter information about additional monthly or lump sum funds you can apply to your debts
- Select the method you’d like used to calculate the debt schedule (order entered, lowest balance first, highest balance first, highest interest rate first)
- Click on the Calculate button to see the plan
Note: you cannot save this plan online. You can, however, print it for future reference. If you want to revise the data, click on the Back To Calculator button and make your changes.
The Spending Plan Tool is a spreadsheet you can use to organize your finances. To use, click here and click Open to open the document. If you would like to save this spreadsheet to your computer click Save or Save As.
- The spreadsheet has 5 pages: #1 Net Worth Worksheet, #2 Monthly Income Worksheet, #3 Monthly Savings and Expenses Worksheet, #4 Debt Worksheet, and #5 Goal Worksheet.
- Enter your data in the appropriate area of the appropriate worksheet, and calculations will be automatically made to help to determine the amount you will need to reach your goals.
- You are also given an area to make notes on ways to achieve your financial goals.
Download and answer the 10 questions on this form with your answers between 5 – strongly agree and 2 – strongly disagree, add your numbers, then check the table to help you determine your Investment Risk Comfort Level.
These calculators are provided for educational purposes only and should not be relied upon as financial advice. Always consult a financial advisor or counselor who is familiar with your personal situation before taking specific actions that could affect your financial well-being. First Command Educational Foundation does not endorse or favor any commercial supplier, product, or service.
Please click here for information to help you contact FCEF and our staff members.